We had buzzers, tiebreakers, people squeaking by. We also nearly had perfection, but that was screwed up thanks to Bret of course.
It seems like you improved on your clue giving skills. They tended to be more verbose and specific. The scores were higher overall. Maybe the categories were easier this time. It is so hard to figure out a balance between categories, what is going to be an easy word. Always ways of thinking on clues I miss.
Margaret 37, Kelly 34(14), Will 34(13), Gilman, 31
Brooks 41, Beau 39, Bovak 37, Bret 37
Annette 33, Colin 31, Eric 30, Hungry 28
Jonathon 26, Melissa 25(12), Pete 25(9), Michael 24
Margaret, Kelly, Brooks and Beau move on for 5 points each. Annette, Colin, Jonathon and Melissa just move on.
Space Cadet: Orbit, Mars, Asteroid, Constellation, Black Hole, Hubble Telescope, Zero Gravity
Let’s Go Camping: Compass, Sleeping Bag, Poison Ivy, Canteen, S’mores, Trail, State Park
Halloween: Mummy, Pumpkin Patch, Fairy, Boo!, Full Moon, Candy Corn, Glow Sticks
At the Salon: Shampoo, Pedicure, Scissors, Emery Board, Nail Polish, Stylist, Highlights
Space: Satellite, Buzz Aldrin, Crater, White Dwarf, Solar Flare, Sputnik, Neptune
Halloween: Bobbing for Apples, Gore, Naughty Nurse, Smarties, Cobwebs, Cauldron, Scarecrow
Salon: Dryer Chair, Paraffin Wax, Clippers, Facial, Weave, Bangs, Buzz Cut
Success by Category: Score (winners)
Camping: 69 (2)
Halloween: 65 (2)
Space: 61 (1)
Salon: 60 (3)
- After going all first round without any buzzers, there were 5 in this round. Nail polish and Candy Corn tripped two people up each. I didn’t even notice the Candy Corn invalid clues until after the fact.
- I expected Trail and State Park to cause more problems. Asteroids was as difficult as I thought since there are other objects similar if not described well. Nobody reference the classic arcade game.
- Not one person with a Halloween puzzle did theirs on Halloween.
- When setting up the boards for the answer portion, I copy/paste clues out of a player’s email into notepad, and then clue by clue back into my pre-formatted clue email. When doing Gilman’s clue for “Mars” I pasted over all but one of the letters in the line already there. His clue almost wound up being “God of Wart”
- Annette dangerously suggested there needed to be a “”Yep, you are really a loser” bracket for the losers of the losers bracket this round.
- I was freaked briefly by Pope’s answer to Melissa’s invalid/buzzed clue. He answered, “invalid answer. boo”. I wondered if it was just a lucky guess or Melissa had mentioned it to him since he couldn’t get any points for it anyway. Then I realized this was the Salon puzzle, not the Halloween one where someone else had a buzzed clue for “Boo!”. Pope was simply booing that there was an invalid answer.
- Will had a decent clue for State Parks, but I was impressed he also rattled off a couple State Parks names in his clue as well
- ***Pure Gold *** Novak’s clue for Black Hole
“Massive, very dark, gravity formation. Sucks everything into it. But not Pete.”
- Brooks clue for Pumpkin Patch
“Where Linus waits for the greatest of them all”
- Hungry Joe’s clue for Fairy
“little girls (and some older boys) may dress as one. they have wings and shit.”
- To the Glow Stick clue “a tube filled with luminescent liquid” Michael’s answered “Jello shot”
- “Sac that keeps you warm at night in a tent” Hungry Joe replied “hoth monster”. Probably meant Wampa, but still funny intentions.
- Colin’s tie-breaker clues for At the Salon
Facial — “Kelly Wells loves these, keep your eyes closed!”
Bangs — “Melissa David had huge ones in Middle School”
Maybe I’ll have the next round out tonight, maybe I won’t.