Word Puzzles, Word Games, Gameshows, Werewolf
Subscribe to feed
In and Out 2 ›
March 18, 2012 in Werewolf by adobery | 55 comments
In honor of the six month anniversary of Werewolf on CdL, here is a “maze” for all the werewolf faithful.
Help the five “villagers” find the werewolves (or something like that).
Click to enlarge image
Comments feed for this article
mbnovak on March 18, 2012 at 9:18 am
Awesome x 100.
TDO on March 18, 2012 at 9:43 am
The Dread Pirate on March 18, 2012 at 10:24 am
That is ridiculously great.
kg2005 on March 18, 2012 at 1:45 pm
bhiggum on March 18, 2012 at 5:03 pm
I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with the maze, but I really like finding all the references and depictions of the different players. Nicely done!
adobery on March 18, 2012 at 6:14 pm
Ya, there’s not really a maze. You got it.
mbnovak on March 18, 2012 at 6:41 pm
I find myself wanting a cheat sheet.
Beau on March 18, 2012 at 8:53 pm
This is the greatest thing in the history of the internet
spookymilk on March 18, 2012 at 9:44 pm
This is not an accurate depiction of me. Under no circumstances can I grow facial hair.
bhiggum on March 18, 2012 at 9:55 pm
You’re the Casper look-alike in the corner, I believe. I think the dude you’re looking at is cheaptoy.
spookymilk on March 18, 2012 at 10:13 pm
cheaptoy! Argh, of course.
mbnovak on March 18, 2012 at 10:14 pm
I was pretty sure Spooky was the guy in front of Brooks, but the ghost makes sense too, huh?
Beau on March 18, 2012 at 10:06 pm
I can’t figure out who I’m supposed to be
mbnovak on March 18, 2012 at 10:09 pm
Me either. And I can’t figure out myself either. I want a cheat sheet!
adobery on March 18, 2012 at 10:10 pm
Matt, fine. But neither of you can figure out Beau? C’mon.
The Dread Pirate on March 18, 2012 at 10:12 pm
Beau isn’t that hard to find. The depiction of me is pretty accurate. Although I almost looked like cheaptoy last night after spending the afternoon with meat.
mbnovak on March 18, 2012 at 10:12 pm
Fine. He’s the angel.
Beau on March 18, 2012 at 10:19 pm
Ah. I thought that’s who I might be, but it didn’t click until now.
nibbish on March 18, 2012 at 11:09 pm
At least I was easy to find.
Very nice, I approve.
adobery on March 19, 2012 at 1:57 am
Here’s a cheat sheet for all the references in the picture, so don’t read on if you’re a freak like me and don’t want to know. I also want to say if I characterized you a certain way, it’s just cause it was notable in the game or a talking point or a brief interesting perception, right or wrong…not a commentary on your gameplay or me trying to make fun of anyone.
Also, I’m glad you guys like it, cause I’ve lost even more cool points with my wife and rocketed up the dork/nerd/idiot column with her accompanied by a head shake 🙂
I’d be interested to know what people did and didn’t notice/figure out or interpreted differently. Without further ado…
Starting from the bottom left and working right
1) F5 key kids: The unadulterated kids in us constantly pressing F5 for a little more werewolf
2) Gorilla: TDO. Gorilla like his avatar. “Lynch me” sign (like kick me sign) due to his early lynchings and perceived being ganged up on for lynching each game. The path leads to a tunnel leading right to spooky signifying “tunnel vision” referencing early game perceived lock on Spooky.
3)Guy in suit with briefcase: Matt Novak – attorney. His path goes nowhere and instead has a Family Circus like meandering path to signify early game conspiracy theories taking the complicated route to find a wolf…which ends in his lack of success and demise at cliff’s edge here.
4) Guy with test tube: DG. Matches his avatar. His wolf hunting path leads straight to a mirror (hmmmm). Engraved with his signature “/” comments.
5) Wolf in wedding dress and man in black: Grey and Will. Only gray wolf in the picture. Pirate obviously represents Will. Their path to find wolves is in the shape of a heart and leads them to the priest ready to marry them. Their in-game feud is but a mask, hiding their undying love for each other.
6) Guy at chalkboard: AMR. Crystal ball for his seer role. List of wolves he figured out on the board. Bald spots where he’s pulled his hair out in frustration over the fake-seer claims and the resulting pile of hair at his feet.
7) Wolf and windup toy: Wolf is meat and wind up toy is nibbish from his avatar. Nibbish finally fulfilling a request to “suck it” which elicits Meat’s notable post upon being lynched as wolf.
8) Wolf/Sheep vehicle: Werewolf Bandwagon or more specifically the MeatWagon.
9) Giraffe: Adobery. Giraffe for my avatar. Night 0 notes to mock my reputation for being thorough/longwinded. Fake arrow on my head for day 1 foolery that usually doesn’t agree with the crowd and leads to my being found suspicious.
10) Bomb man: Stategery (sorry). Gary Gaetti avatar. Trigger in one hand and crossed fingers on the other referencing the unfortunate (awesome) bombing of Adobery during Werewolves in Springfield.
11) Baby human and baby wolf: A newb villager and newb wolf that Spooky has cornered and is grilling resulting in their emotional distress. Babies to show Spook’s unrelenting and heartless soul 😉
12) Ghost. Spooky. Villager written all over him referencing Spooky often saying how obvious a villager he has been.
13) Woman in swimming pool: Rachel. Pool and cuts all over her body in reference to Greek’s mod kill of her at the end of Aliens!. Letters on her shirt are a cryptogram in reference to her love of solving them. What does it say, Rachel?
14) 6 armed woman: Lois Lane. Six arms in reference to her first game tactic of being suspicious and voting for those who voiced suspicions of her.
15) Table and Chairs: Corey and Topher. Reference to their invitation to werewolf and never really showing up.
16) Priest: Nod to Werewolf: The Parish (as well as the church) and there to marry the lovebirds Gray and Will
17) Jail: Just a nice tie-in to Free’s name.
18) Mountains: Reference to running peeks / peaks / piques / etc gag.
19) Zoidberg in Tower: Greekhouse. Reference to Werewolf Superhero’s where Greek got caught in a loophole. Google loophole.
20) Road sign: Rob. Reference to his avatar. Spreadsheet tacked to the sign from his “helpfulness” in Aliens!.
21) UFO: Aliens! reference.
22) Man lying down: Cheaptoy. Outfit ot match his avatar. Reference to his love of the brew.
23) Fake Angel 1: Beau. Signature sideburns and black socks plus a sign hanging from his neck reference the long running gag in regards to his phone posting mishap.
24) Fake Angel 2: KG. Reference to Werewolf Justified. Wolf tail and hand. Both have fake halos. Note Novak’s path hovers around Beau, but avoids KG.
25) Tombstones: HJ, DK and SBG get their own epithets. Grey gets all the tombstones for his knack for dying in every game, and then some.
26) Robed man: TheAlmightyGuru. Figure is an image from his website. Pointing at raccoon in reference to him outing Higgs in The Parish.
27) Gun wielding raccoon: Higgs. Reference to justified and his power to go on a rampage make calculated night kills. Note the bullet holes in Grey’s dress, Will’s shirt, AMRs table, two in Rachel’s pool, one in Spooky, and one in Beau (but not KG).
nibbish on March 19, 2012 at 2:05 am
Holy cow. I knew about 3/4 of that, but it was even more awesome than I had initially thought. Well done.
mbnovak on March 19, 2012 at 2:08 am
I picked out much, but missed out on just as much. This is freaking amazing.
Also, re: the nerd/dork/etc. thing… Tonight, Laura referred to Saturday’s Meet-Spooky event as “Nerdfest.”
And then she locked me in the basement again.
spookymilk on March 19, 2012 at 2:10 am
Jesus, you are sick.
When I say I’m an obvious villager (and I did realize that’s what you were going for), it’s true! I’ve never said it as a wolf, though, which is something I might want to think about doing. I got the noob thing, too. It was the right way to use me. The tunnel vision gag is GOLD, though. I didn’t catch it.
kg2005 on March 19, 2012 at 10:02 am
Ha! Suck it, Novak!
mbnovak on March 19, 2012 at 10:34 am
Grey on March 19, 2012 at 11:15 am
greekhouse on March 19, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Oh, man. I can’t wait to look at this more closely when I get done teaching.
spookymilk on March 19, 2012 at 1:06 pm
I still can’t even figure out which thing about it is my favorite. The Greyveyard? The meatwagon? Tunnel vision? F5?
It’s my new computer wallpaper.
Beau on March 19, 2012 at 1:18 pm
I laughed out loud the hardest at nibbish and the tombstones, but my favorite part might be bhiggum.
mbnovak on March 19, 2012 at 1:32 pm
You should make it the wallpaper on all the best buy computers.
I think the Lynch Me sign is my favorite, though I love the greyvyard too. And something about Cheap just cracks me up.
greekhouse on March 19, 2012 at 2:17 pm
I don’t know what my favorite is either. It’s all so good.
My only complaint is that nobody is taking a dump on your face. Oh well.
Beau on March 19, 2012 at 1:48 pm
Finally got the cryptogram. Duh.
spookymilk on March 19, 2012 at 1:51 pm
Har! Took me about three seconds.
I was amused by Rachel during that game. I immediately did the cryptos and then said I was going to let others solve them if they wanted, and then she immediately solved them and put the answers up. I’m starting to think she misread me, and thought I was just handing them off because I didn’t feel like doing them.
adobery on March 19, 2012 at 4:13 pm
Har! Took me about three seconds.
I’m impressed! I didn’t figure any of you knew what a binnacle was.
spookymilk on March 19, 2012 at 4:18 pm
Full disclosure: Binnacling was my major.
adobery on March 19, 2012 at 4:21 pm
Makes sense. Your life is so full of direction.
spookymilk on March 19, 2012 at 5:23 pm
(wordplay is my favorite)
greekhouse on March 19, 2012 at 2:21 pm
This thing reminds me of something I was going to do before last game, but much better. I was going to make a list of “How to play werewolf like…” and then fill it out for each player. So for instance:
Greekhouse–make sure everybody knows that you can actually be a good wolf and that the only reason you got caught was because of a loophole.
adobery–make all of your posts so long that nobody will bother reading all of them.
I was a bit worried that some of mine might have been too snarky and that some people might have take offense to them. I also didn’t finish the list for all the players.
mbnovak on March 19, 2012 at 2:27 pm
I’m offended that you didn’t finish for me. So double whammy there.
greekhouse on March 19, 2012 at 2:34 pm
mbnovak–make sure everyone does such a good job of thinking you’re a wolf in your first game that everybody wants to kill you before you even get to say a single word in the second game. Also, participate actively in games where you’re either dead or not playing.
mbnovak on March 19, 2012 at 2:35 pm
Aw jeez, I knew you’d bring all that stuff up.
kg2005 on March 19, 2012 at 2:34 pm
Yeah, looks like you have to do the list now.
greekhouse on March 19, 2012 at 2:44 pm
Too late! This list will suck in comparison to adobery’s picture. Anyway, here’s you:
kg2005–Try to break every game. If you can’t break it, make sure to come up with the most convoluted plan to victory possible.
mbnovak on March 19, 2012 at 2:49 pm
It’s funny because I’m a victim of this!
kg2005 on March 19, 2012 at 2:56 pm
It’s also funny because this is literally my gameplan.
adobery on March 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm
strategery on March 21, 2012 at 6:20 pm
This is great BUT YOU FORGOT TO INCLUDE ME.
Yes, you did.
bhiggum on March 30, 2012 at 4:37 pm
Um, you’re on the right side, halfway up, next to the giraffe. You’re wearing a bomb vest and those sneaky, sneaky sunglasses.
spookymilk on March 30, 2012 at 5:14 pm
He’s making a crack about how the thing that happened never happened.
bhiggum on March 30, 2012 at 5:18 pm
Oh. I’m feeling dense today, and that was before the Sporcle quizzes finished of my brain.
TDO on March 30, 2012 at 3:43 pm
we ever going to play again?
bhiggum on March 30, 2012 at 3:54 pm
Soon, I hope. It was a nice break, but I’m ready to play again.
mbnovak on March 30, 2012 at 3:58 pm
I thought we were waiting for Spooky to be done with his vacation.
spookymilk on March 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm
If true, that’s nice of you guys.
This shouldn’t really interfere with Turbo Survivor, since the challenges are short and someone can leave for 30 minutes without it even registering. I’m pretty ready to play again, too. Feels like years.
Powered by WordPress and Tarski